Ingredients (makes 4)
- 1/2 quantity Choux Pastry (recipe here)
- Icing sugar, to dust
For the filling
- 1/2 quantity Crème Pâtissière (recipe here)
- 200ml double cream, whipped to soft, floppy peaks
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- Fruit of choice
- Baking sheet lined with baking paper
- 9cm/3--inch round cookie cutter
- 2 piping bags, fitted with 10mm nozzles
Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6.
Draw around the cookie cutter on to the baking paper to make 4 circles. Put the choux pastry into one of the piping bags and pipe choux circles on to the templates. Pipe a second ring of choux on the inside of each ring, then pipe a third and final ring on top of the first two, on the seam line where they meet. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Scoop the crème pâtissière into a bowl and whisk it vigorously to ‘knock it back’ (i.e. to beat out some of the air). Add the cream and honey and fold in. Put the filling into the second piping bag.
Slice each choux ring in half and pipe full of the crème pâtissière mixture. Top with the fruit of your choice and then replace the choux ring lid. Dust with icing sugar and serve.